Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My journey of becoming a mother!

On 09/12/2007, I reliase I am pregnant. I am so happy to share this news with my husband. Both of us are looking forward the arrival of the baby.

On 08/08/2008, I went for my normal checkup. The doctor told me that you can deliver today as my cervix has been opened 3 cm. The doctor suggested that I deliver today and I called my husband about that and we decided to deliver by today. After that, I was admitted to the hospital and sent to the labour room. The time is 11 am. They started to give me medicine to plush out all my "dirty" in my stomach. The tablet is so efficient, once inserted within 1 minute, I feel like want to do big task. Then I rush to the toilet and plush everything out.

Then the started to insert the needle into my vein for induce dripping. Then the doctor came and break my water bag. After that, baby heart beat monitor was installed around my big tummy. Everything they did is so new to me. But my feeling that time is just so excited and happy. I am happy and excited that I will be able to see my baby soon.

Once everything done, I just have to wait until my cervix is 10 cm dilated. The doctor checked again and told me that now is 5cm already. Yeh, 5cm more to go... I waited and waited..... Finally at 10.30pm, the doctor said you can start to push your baby. The baby is ready to come out. Wah.... it really a big task for me. I never be so tired and painful. Hubby is beside me to keep telling me to push. I can hear the nurse keep saying "Push harder longer and longer, again push harder longer and longer...." I almost give up and doctor inserted a vacumn to help me to get out the baby. I gave a final push and suddenly I feel something came out from the bottom. I know is my baby....

After that, I can see my baby crying but her eyes is opened when she came out. She is so adorable and look so much like Stan. I am so happy and looked at my hubby... Both of us laugh and I feel so warm and toughing when I see my baby. I have a chance to hold her for her while, I kiss her and I feel so close to her. The picture is still very clearly appear in my mind.

Today, she is already 7 months. The time flies so fast. She is a big girl now. From day 1 till now, everyday I make sure I have a lot of time for her. I make everything the best for her. I make sure myself have enough breastmilk for her. Waking up in the mid night for pumping just I scare the milk supply will decrease if I didn't pump at night. I read a lot of articles and books to make sure I have knowledge on how to take care of my baby.

Sometimes, I am so stressed out. It is because I always got complained from my in laws complaining on my baby. For example, they will say:" wah... kam yat, kui hao gan you lao gai ar... hmm hang sek, hmm hang fun....." I feel so stress and sad when hear this. My baby has no problem when she is with me. I don't understand why everytime I got this complain from my in laws. If this problem persist for few days, then they will give her "Pearl Powder" to eat. This make me even stress. Because I don't know what is the side effect of pearl powder. I will start calling my mother and asking a lot of things. Check with my sister as she is more experience than me. Do research from internet, keep discussing with my hubby, checking with my maid what else my in laws do to my baby....

Ai.... sometimes, I am really tired of all this. I feel so stress until I dreamed of my mother in law that I screamed at her to tell her to let me handle my baby my way. I am so tired of explaining....Sometimes, I am so scare to go to their house because I don't know to hear complains again...

Anyway, no matter how I will do the best for my baby. Just a smile from her, it worth all the things that I done for her... To me, she is such a good girl and adorable. She is so charming with her smile. All my friends and relatives were attracted by her smile.

No comments: